Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
rcpinto@aol.com
  • Total Posts : 1386
  • Reward points: 0
2006/11/07 09:30:47 (permalink)

NE area recumbent rider list

Hi All

I'd like to get a e-mail list together of New England area recumbent riders, so we can get the word out more easily for any group rides. Uprights also welcome!

I heard from recumbent rider John Hoyt, who suggested the list, and said that he'd like to arrange some rides and after ride get togethers at his beautiful Rye NH seacoast home and Inn business. Other riders on the list could arrange for rides in their home areas, I've got some classic ones in my area of SE NH/NE Mass.

So for anyone who might be interested, please email me at rich@bacchettabikes.com with your name, prefered email address, physical address, Tel and cell #'s etc.

This will just be a informal mailing list, shared with those who are in the group...no commercial use.

Thanks! Rich

66 Replies Related Threads

thecanoe
    • Total Posts : 1452
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/07 12:01:20 (permalink)
    That's a great idea. I'll e-mail you and tell a couple of friends.

Larry

Ti Aero
    Surly Moonlander fat bike
    Santa Cruz Tallboy carbon 29er
    Bassyak (for stripers and blues)
    bentrider28
    • Total Posts : 145
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/09 20:35:35 (permalink)
    Shucks,

I thought I was gonna get to ride with some of the Killer Bee's...In "fly-over" country NE stands for Nebraska!

We do have some good riding here...you all come see us sometime.

Steve
    Corsa

Steve / Bentrider28
    Bellevue, NE
    2008 Giro 20
    2008 V3 steel
    2003 Corsa
    2001 V-Rex S&S Coupled
    srcbikes
    • Total Posts : 229
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/17 15:48:36 (permalink)

Scott Chamberlain Here. I'm the Recumbent Dept head at Belmont Wheelwork's in Belmont Ma.

People who know me, know that I love to ride bicycles of all types.

I have a Recumbent event that I post here once a year and usually attracts 20-30 riders.

Anybody visiting Boston need to stop in and see Wheelwork's. I promise you won't be disappointed.
    post edited by srcbikes - 2009/07/23 08:01:44
    thecanoe
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/17 16:55:37 (permalink)
    Where are all the New England bent riders? Out looking for Schlitz?

Larry

Ti Aero
    geoff adams
    • Total Posts : 203
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/17 19:02:14 (permalink)
    This list is shaping up beautifully. There's a guy in Nebraska, a guy who wants a beer and a guy with a canoe.
    If we're lucky maybe we can find a guy who can play "Classcial Gas" or "Fanfare For The Common Man" on a pocket trumpet while pedalling. LET'S RIDE!
    http://www.geoffadams.com/bikes/

-Geoff
    thecanoe
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/17 20:41:59 (permalink)
    Nice film Geoff.
    Are you going to the CRW ride tomorrow?
    I think I'll be there.

the canoe (I'll be riding my aero)
    geoff adams
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/17 21:01:57 (permalink)
    Larry,

Do you mean the "Saturday Morning Fitness Ride"? I often go out towards Dover early on Saturdays and I see them headed out when I'm coming back to Newton. Can't ride tomorrow though.
    As you know I sold the T-Bone. Riding the l*wr*c*r now. But there may be a B*cch*tt* in my future. See you soon.

-Geoff
    kd5fdw
    • Total Posts : 224
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/17 23:38:27 (permalink)
    Why do you always schedule the good rides when I'm off doing things with my kids?

This weekend is filled with Lego Robotics competitions and camping with the Boy Scouts. Until I get my Bacchetta Tandem, I'm following the kids.

Dave
    Strada
    rcpinto@aol.com
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/19 16:57:03 (permalink)
    As you know I sold the T-Bone. Riding the l*wr*c*r now. But there may be a B*cch*tt* in my future. See you soon.

-Geoff

OMG, did you really say L*wr*c*r here Geoff?? Don't make me mobilize my platoon of bitter sock puppets!!

Hey...but seriously, I just rode 55 miles with bud George "T-Bone" Reynolds yesterday. He is enjoying his new job, and especially the steady paycheck. He was riding his front wheel drive Z bone with front fairing, with an 400W electric motor assist on the rear wheel! We made him keep the battery in the car though...

BTW, if you get a Bacchetta, I promise to take down my new "I hate Geoff Adams l*wr*cer" blog! ;<)

Larry...Chuck and I may join CRW Wednesday if the weather is decent, I'll bring the Schlitz!

Rich
    thecanoe
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/19 17:41:51 (permalink)
    Hey Rich, you know I'm not fast, but on Saturday's CRW ride , 6 of us decided to pick up the pace from our usual touring speed. I led the pack for 5 miles doing 18-22 MPH. It's a good thing the road ended at a rotary (where do we go now) so we waited for the rest of the group. If I'd have carbo-loaded on Schlitz the night before, I could have gone at least 6 miles.
    Hope to see you Weds.
    Larry
    geoff adams
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/20 07:23:07 (permalink)
    BTW, if you get a Bacchetta, I promise to take down my new "I hate Geoff Adams l*wr*cer" blog! ;<)

Look, Rich, I will send you some pix of me - shot from different angles - wearing a bike helmet and stuff so you can Photoshop some ribald images for the I.H.G.A.L.R. blog, but PLEASE, just DON'T mobilize the BITTER SOCK PUPPETS!!

I beleive the Reynolds rig described was used at the recent New England Electrathon at NH Int'l Speedway. George was talking about that at the NEHPV Rally in NoHo last month.

With all these Bacchetters turning out with Larry at the CRW ride, maybe I ought to drag myself out of bed and get to Bedford this Wednesday.

-Geoff
    rcpinto@aol.com
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/20 08:04:28 (permalink)
    Look, Rich, I will send you some pix of me - shot from different angles - wearing a bike helmet and stuff so you can Photoshop some ribald images for the I.H.G.A.L.R. blog, but PLEASE, just DON'T mobilize the BITTER SOCK PUPPETS!!

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter Geoff. And please take down your movie of my good bud and Aero/M5 LR/Aerocycle owner "Tots" apparently "enjoying" his tailfaired M5 L*wr*cer, obviously advanced photoshop trickery!!

My BSP platoon is standing by with mock outrage for any counter arguments and facts you may offer up. And believe me, he...ahhh....they... have gotten even more bitter since they gave up bents and started riding that MTB!!

Anyway, hope to see you Wednesdays ride! I promise I'll leave the BS puppets home if you'll come ;<)

Rich
    post edited by rcpinto@aol.com - 2006/11/20 08:47:17
    thecanoe
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/23 09:17:08 (permalink)
    Well, I got to ride with another bent , on our weds club ride. Geoff showed up with his Baron. Very cool bike. What happenned Rich, it was a balmy 33 degrees at the start. We had 28 riders , 2 of which were bents. I know there are more bents in New England,but where are they?

Larry

Ti Aero
    geoff adams
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/23 09:38:17 (permalink)
    Larry, don't be so hard on Rich! It's a long way to drive for him and it WAS a bit nippy. Have some SYMPATHY, man!
    Besides, I think we covered for him resonably well. Talk about interest in recumbents! It was through the roof! Yup, you can bet there are at least 50 or maybe even 100 Boston area riders with some disposable income to spend on a healthy hobby who are just nuts over l*wr*c*rs now! I made friends and told them ALL ABOUT these bikes. Yessir, it sure worked!

But ...... S E R I O U S L Y....... WE MISSED YOU AND CHUCK, RICH.... and Larry is a fabulous Bacchetta cheerleader and so am I because I explained how recumbents help ease "male health" problems ... except low racers which make you have to pee really badly all the time.

Sorry, now TRULY seriously....

Larry's electric footwarmers basically heated the whole ride. If you got cold, just ride near Larry's feet, and feel the heat. Now THAT"S a cool line for a funk tune! "Ride near Larry's feet and feel the heat." Pix here:

http://www.geoffadams.com/bikes/crw/

-Geoff
    thecanoe
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/23 10:13:13 (permalink)
    Geoff, great pix, but, please don't start right songs!!!!!!!

Larry

Ti Aero
    rcpinto@aol.com
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/23 11:42:20 (permalink)
    Larry, don't be so hard on Rich! It's a long way to drive for him and it WAS a bit nippy. Have some SYMPATHY, man!
    Besides, I think we covered for him resonably well. Talk about interest in recumbents! It was through the roof! Yup, you can bet there are at least 50 or maybe even 100 Boston area riders with some disposable income to spend on a healthy hobby who are just nuts over l*wr*c*rs now! I made friends and told them ALL ABOUT these bikes. Yessir, it sure worked!

Geoff, you #&(#(& $*% !! You have clearly taken the lead in controlling the minds and wallets of CRW's uprights!!

Now you have forced me to call upon my beyond bitter BSP's head writer and Grand Master of obfuscation, and from his IP scrambled basement lair he will lay down some mock outrage from several BSP's!! I'll also fire up my I.H.G.A.L. blog, and dis your Baron endlessly!! Hey, do l*wr*c*ers really make you want to pee constantly? Can I put that "fact" in my IHL database, and use your name? ;<)

Hey, REALLY seriously...both of us woke up to frost and mid twenties temps, and clouds that were supposed to be increasing, then of course it got sunny around noon time!! I know, I'm a mega wuss...

BTW, I'll be submitting your "Larry's feet-feel the heat" funk tune to T.O.P., I can hear the horns now. Next time all the Harpoons and larry's Schlitz will be on me! I'm joining CRW, and hope to get on that mailing list Larry is on.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Rich "weather weenie" Pinto
    geoff adams
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list 2006/11/23 13:53:21 (permalink)
    Rich,

I hope your I.H.G.A.L blog/blabsite maintains a "fair and balanced" reporting policy because I happen to know that at least one of the 200 or so riders on the CRW "Bedford Deep Freeze" ride has recently clicked the "order" button to purchase one of your firm's machines. How you say? ... the "baton rouge" model. The sale can be attributed to "the canoe" who sealed the deal with a stong closing statement: "just go for it!" or something to that effect.

Happy Tofurkey Day!

-Geoff
    rcpinto@aol.com
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list Yahoo group invites 2007/02/12 17:45:41 (permalink)
    Hi Guys

The Yahoogroup invites should be arriving by email. As soon as this upcoming blizzard clears, let's plan and do some rides! John Hoyt's area up on the NH coast is a good area for early season rides, as the roads generally clear of ice and snow the earliest.

I'm at the office in Florida for the next month, but will be ready to go when I get back. I know Geoff feels sorry for me in the heat and high humidity down here in Florida ;<)

Tailwinds, Rich
    thecanoe
    RE: NE area recumbent rider list Yahoo group invites 2007/02/12 21:03:32 (permalink)
    Rich, I got the e-mail invitation and signed up. Unfortunately,with this extreme cold and little bit of snow, a few of us have put our road bikes away and have been mountain biking. (Can I say that on this forum?)
    We have studded tires and have been riding the woods on frozen snow and ice. I look foward to spring to get back on the bent,but the MTBing is making the winter tolerable.
    Daylight savings is only one month away.

Larry
    Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1