Hot!ROLL CALL!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 33
Author
clee01l
  • Total Posts : 1459
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Newby 2005/05/01 14:16:13 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: pauldelamancha
Just trying to figure out a way to mount a headlight on or below the bottom bracket if possible to get the best contrast on the road but not compromise the aero dynamics to much.
I uses a SON Hub dynamo. Here's how I mounted my lamp using a Riv-nut:

Cletus D. Lee
Bacchetta Aero24
Bacchetta Giro
Lightning Voyager
http://www.clee.org
- Bellaire, TX USA -
pauldelamancha
  • Total Posts : 102
RE: Newby 2005/05/01 20:23:24 (permalink)
That looks like a good solution. How did you have the hole put in the frame for you to screw the mount into? It will be a bit before I get the clearance to spend another chunk of money on the bike unfortunately. Will have to remember that mounting style.
clee01l
  • Total Posts : 1459
RE: Newby 2005/05/01 21:47:22 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: pauldelamancha

That looks like a good solution. How did you have the hole put in the frame for you to screw the mount into? It will be a bit before I get the clearance to spend another chunk of money on the bike unfortunately. Will have to remember that mounting style.
I drilled the hole and inserted the M5 size riv-nut with a special rivet tool:

You need to be careful that the hole is drilled into the hollow bellow the BB

BTW, I'm sure this will void your lifetime frame warranty
post edited by clee01l - 2005/05/01 21:48:36

Cletus D. Lee
Bacchetta Aero24
Bacchetta Giro
Lightning Voyager
http://www.clee.org
- Bellaire, TX USA -
John Schlitter
  • Total Posts : 2536
RE: Newby 2005/05/01 23:17:48 (permalink)
only if it happens to break right there at the hole.

John
nikoz1200
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/05/02 08:18:12 (permalink)
Nick from Clearwater, Florida.

Don't have a Bacchetta yet, but looking to buy one, preferably used. I think the Giro 26 or Strada will be it. Hope to meet some of you all on the trails.

Nick
jkeenan7
  • Total Posts : 1883
RE: Newby 2005/05/03 04:40:58 (permalink)
Paul,

You could also use the T mount that fits into the derailer holder on the front of the bike. I have one on my Strada and mount two Cateye lights for brevets simply because my weak legs have enuff to do without the added drag from a dymo. I know it's not much for some, but I have a feeling it would be for me. Plus, there's the cost factor of the T mount and two lights versus a dymo hub and lights.

Some lights throw a side light so I cover that with electricians tape to direct the beam only forward, otherwise I get a nice stroboscopic effect on my foot and the crank.

See the T mount here: Volae T Mount
post edited by jkeenan7 - 2005/05/03 04:43:00
Thirdring
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/05/25 18:16:53 (permalink)
Hello all from Oklahoma City. This is Fred Smith, past 50, retired navy Chief currently working as a Fire Alarm and Sprinkler inspector. Bought my first Bacchetta on Monday from John Wright at Pro Bike in northwest OKC. Mine is a blue Giro. Traded in a Raleigh R400 wedgie. Ran into a friend on the Lake Hefner trail this afternoon and he accused me of going over to the dark side. Still dialing in the settings. The bike is comfortable and responsive, so far no complaints. I've been lurking around the forums for several days now, and your posts have helped quite a bit. Only problem so far is a mis-calculation of my front wheel circumference. Boy was I flying last night!!!
I'm a club/recreation rider, often riding with the Oklahoma Bicycle Society. If any of you out there are travelling and looking for a ride, we have some ride going on most days of the week. Even if you don't plan on coming to OKC, check out our web site at www.oklahomabicyclesociety.com.
Fred

Fred in Okie City
tombeilmann
  • Total Posts : 92
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/05/26 13:53:15 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: AeroZang

ORIGINAL: Mike Katz

Mike Katz, St. Louis, MO., age 65, retired lawyer, riding an Aero, which I bought at Bike Center, Des Peres, MO., in 2002. I average 80+ mile per week, weather permitting, mostly local (St. Louis), but some out-of state rides.

Mike,

Have you ridden the Katy Trail? Heard about it? Good? Bad?
Any info would be appreciated.
I have looked at the Park System's web site.

David

The Katy Trial is great....mostly flat and great scenery, especially from a strada(just got mine today and I can't wait to log some serious miles) I'm 37 and live in Saint Louis MO, ride a variety of bikes but this one will be my principal one when I go pick it up in a few hours.
sdf
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 30
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/06/08 23:33:56 (permalink)
Greetings, Bacchetta fans, from Monument, Colorado!

I've been bicycling since 10 years old. Now at 54 I'm still having a hoot of a good time! My road bike is Strada, a first edition orange one. It is stock except that I spread the gear range to 21-120 gear-inches, lowered the handlebar riser, and changed the tires to Conti. Tremendous bike (but I still want to go faster in groups).

Before the Strada I road a LWB bent for a year, Ryan Vanguard. I also ride mountain bike and cruiser.

I'm fit but do too many different activities to reach the number of miles and performance levels that I would like on the Strada. About once a week, maybe twice, I can manage a bike commute to work (14 miles, 920' elevation change, one way) and once a week or more I get in a great recreational ride. Last Sunday I road 65 miles at an average pace of 15 MPH in the Elephant Rock Ride. (BTW, sorry about the bad thunderstorm we dumped on the Bacchetta reps at Elephant Rock 2 years ago. We had beautiful weather this year!) It is so, so much fun to play with the DF hot dogs on the flats and downhills, but they always get me back on the inclines.

Steve Fuhrmann
Strada
post edited by ColoradoSteve - 2005/06/08 23:34:56
John Schlitter
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/06/09 00:04:37 (permalink)
Steve, welcome aboard. I rode E-Rock last Sunday too! What great weather compared to two years ago.

Saw your post on Triple Bypas and hope to do that some year soon. Schedule conflict for this year but if something changes I just might make it.

John Schlitter
john c
  • Total Posts : 428
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/06/11 01:09:47 (permalink)
Hey, I can finally post here! I am the proud owner of a new Bacchetta Aluminum Corsa! I have been riding since birth (it seems that way anyhow, my first childhood memory was my older brother pushing me around on his big wheel. A fixed gear recumbent connoisseur at such a young age!). I enjoy all types of riding and racing (especially Cyclocross), and have been riding a bent for about 8 years. Mostly homebuilts, but now own the coolest bent around. Love that Corsa!!! I plan on racing it some more this summer in a couple of time trial races here in Portland as well as the Mt. Tabor hill climb series (if I can get in, otherwise I will race my road bike). I would love to show my DF friends how well the bike climbs! I have signed up for Cycle Oregon as well, so if any of you Bacchetta riders are going let me know!

Safe Riding.

John Climaldi
John Schlitter
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/06/12 00:00:44 (permalink)
welcome aborad JC of the NW.

Did I see somwhere you ride a Fuji Cross? The what I ride too. MY goal for last year was to make it to at least one cycle cross race and finish it. The year before I crashed out on the first lap. This last year I made to one ( Stat Championships) finish fifth in the 46 to 50 age group. I think there was more then five riders. Love that type of racing just hate the running.

oops, this is the ZBacchetta list.

JS
john c
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/06/12 23:25:43 (permalink)
Good to here you like cylocross, and I do indeed ride a Fuji Cross. We have a great race series here in Portland called the Cross Crusade. Lot's of riders. (I think there were 1200 at Blue Lake park). http://www.crosscrusade.com/
I have yet to race my age group (they start first thing in the morning and I can't get the kids out of bed that early) but usually finish 20 something in the men's C's with about 90 in that category. Oops, it's a Bacchetta forum. :)

On a bent note, did my first century on the Corsa today. The bike handle very well and I am settling into it nicely. I think it will be my main squeeze (bike) for a while. Icurumba!

John C
john c
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/06/12 23:27:37 (permalink)
Oh, and one more thing. John of the MW, are you going to the Velodrome race in San Jose? I am thinking about driving dawn and dragging John Williams with me.

Cheers,

John
John Schlitter
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/06/13 10:18:34 (permalink)
JC of NW, no I'll be lounging in Atlantic City after RAAM then taking a slow drive back to KS.

JV and CS are suppose to be there.

JS
john c
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/06/13 11:15:10 (permalink)
Almost forgot about RAAM (how in the world could I do that!). Have a good time, kick !$%$$#%# and stay safe. I will hopefully see the guys in San Jose.

John C
Boat
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/06/22 21:30:07 (permalink)
My name is Bill and I just picked up my new Giro 26 at Power-On Cycling in Plant City, Florida this past Monday.

This is my first 'bent and I'm really enjoying riding it around St. Petersburg, where I live. St. Pete has a great biking community that seems to be growing by leaps and bounds. At least it seems that way by the number of group rides you see mornings and evening along the streets.

When not riding I can sometimes be found sailing a Morgan 30 around Tampa Bay and along the Florida Gulf Coast.
AeroBear
  • Total Posts : 59
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/07/15 23:45:51 (permalink)
I guess I'm official now, since I finally got my Aero! It's a little custom with a Reyolds Ouzo Pro Aero fork, Chris King headset and Pauls thumbies shifters and brake levers.
Still very much getting used to it and loving every minute. Took a little impromptu off road session while trying to get my Speedplay Zero on. (It's a lot easier to step DOWN than to push FORWARD to click in.) But so far, I've managed to remain upright.

Looking forward to many miles of riding with a smile on my face.

Also really enjoying this forum and the volumes of information here that have helped me in every possible way during my shopping/decision making process.

Enjoying the ride in Cleveland, OH and thereabouts...

Jane
isolani
  • Total Posts : 36
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/07/17 18:27:22 (permalink)
Hello there. I'm Chris, 45, from Asheville, NC. This is my first post in this forum. I ride a BikeE bottom-of-the-line tank of a LWB that, as my first recumbent, pleased me a great deal. But now I'm interested in a Bachetta. I will soon purchase a Giro or a Strada (still haven't decided). I enjoy the tech talk here, although I understand little of it still, and am learning a great deal about recumbents from recumbent riders here and on other sites. Best wishes to all.
trinitysb
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 22
RE: ROLL CALL! 2005/07/22 21:30:26 (permalink)
Hi All
I'm Steve Baker from New Lenox IL, home of the Old Plank Road Trail. I started riding bents about 7 years ago. My latest is a Giro 20. I picked up one of those bargain framesets from Calhoun Cycles in the Spring, had it powdrcoated a really cool cobalt blue, and then tricked it out just the way I like it. It's light and is going to be really fast once I get my legs back in shape. Already I'm leaning the seat back more; can an Aero be far behind?
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 33
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1