Hot!ROLL CALL!

Page: << < ..313233 Showing page 33 of 33
Author
thecanoe
  • Total Posts : 1513
  • Reward points: 0
Re: ROLL CALL! 2019/06/10 19:53:30 (permalink)
Roaddog
Roaddog here, and this is my story.  I've been pretty much OCD cyclist for years but when I did RAGBRAI back in the 20th century and a guy in our camp was on a Titanium Bacchetta, I took notice.  He was always the first one in and had already had a nap and ready to party.  I had never tried a bent bike but my curiosity was piqued.  Jump forward into the 21st century and retirement, I'm 66 and spent my career in public education, I decided it was time to go see the folks at Easy Street Recumbents in Austin Tx.  I settled on a Corsa A 70 L ( I'm 6'5").  I'm still getting used to it but my overall impression is, wow!!, it's so easy to go fast!  I get to ride very nice and mostly empty roads in central Texas.  

Welcome to the Dark Side. I’ve been on my Ti Aero since the early 2000’s. Give it time for your bent muscles to adjust to the new position. I’m 70 and still enjoy 30-50 miles rides.

Larry

Ti Aero
Surly Moonlander fat bike
Santa Cruz Tallboy carbon 29er
Bassyak (for stripers and blues)
DocS
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: ROLL CALL! 2019/06/14 12:33:02 (permalink)
Since my first post, I've been riding between 20 and 30 miles, 3 days per week. 
I've grown accustomed to my new to me Corsa :)
I'm riding some rolling hills area and average between 16 and 17 mph...
There is only one other person riding a bent in the group, but his is a Catrike 700 Trike...
I have to say I love being back on 2 wheels!

Blessings,
DocS

Owner of Creative Design Audio
Bluetooth Ammo-Can Speaker, Cigar Box Speaker and Decorative or Liquor Bottle Speaker
tojesky
  • Total Posts : 617
Re: ROLL CALL! 2019/06/15 17:04:42 (permalink)
Roaddog
Roaddog here, and this is my story.  I've been pretty much OCD cyclist for years but when I did RAGBRAI back in the 20th century and a guy in our camp was on a Titanium Bacchetta, I took notice.  He was always the first one in and had already had a nap and ready to party.  I had never tried a bent bike but my curiosity was piqued.  Jump forward into the 21st century and retirement, I'm 66 and spent my career in public education, I decided it was time to go see the folks at Easy Street Recumbents in Austin Tx.  I settled on a Corsa A 70 L ( I'm 6'5").  I'm still getting used to it but my overall impression is, wow!!, it's so easy to go fast!  I get to ride very nice and mostly empty roads in central Texas.  

Welcome Roaddog. 

I live in the Katy, TX area and thinking we could ride some time. Have you ridden COTA yet? Only a couple more sessions this spring and maybe they'll open up in the fall again.

2013 CA2.0 - 700c
2014 ICE VTX+
2013 Invacare Force G hand cycle
2006 Corsa  (Sold July, 2013)
Page: << < ..313233 Showing page 33 of 33
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1