Hot!ROLL CALL!

Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 27 of 33
Author
MarshallPrice
  • Total Posts : 514
  • Reward points: 0
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/04/26 22:39:35 (permalink)
Mike,

How is the new Giro 26? Or have you dissappeared onto the trails and lost your way home? Welcome to the B-Hive. Hope you post a ride report soon.

Marshall Price
CA2.0 700C-It is Sweet!
Corsa

Life is an Adventure, you just have to look for it!
tojesky
  • Total Posts : 628
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/05/02 22:34:51 (permalink)
Tim OUjezdsky

Engineer/MBA, Wholesale Electric Power analyst

Unemployed at age 62

Bacchetta Corsa purchased from Beertruck December 2009, 2001 Gold Rush purchased December 2007 from Easy Racers, Sun EZ SportAX purchased new April 2005 (first recumbent)

I ride a recumbent because it became uncomfortable to ride an DF - One of the better moves I ever made - What took me so long?

Riding 5000 miles per year for the last 4 years and this year expect to ride 7500 miles

Exclusively ride the Corsa at this time.
Scorpio
  • Total Posts : 1469
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/05/02 23:28:59 (permalink)
And you looked pretty darn strong on that Corsa...especially the closer we got to the burger place!

Javid (pronounced "David") Bradley
Carbon Aero 2.0
Ti Aero
RUSA #7172

Team RAAM Sarcoma Powered by Bacchetta Bike

www.TeamRavenLunatics.com

"My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem"
daisydukes37
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/05/03 03:40:53 (permalink)
Shannon Shafer, Edgerton, Oh, 39 y.o nurse, purchased a 2011 corsa on April 13, 2011 from County Line Bike Shop. I am completely new to recumbent riding. I love my bike and love riding, unfortunately I haven't been able to ride daily since I got it, due to this wonderful Ohio weather. I am biting at the bit to ride daily.

Anyone in the area that would be interested in riding, let me know.
tschoenb
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/05/05 12:14:43 (permalink)
Greetings,

My name is Todd Schoenborn, and I am from Lansing Michigan. I just purchased my second Bacchetta, and from the bottom of my heart I would like to thank Bacchetta for who they are as a company and for the amazing bikes they make.

Cheers..

HeyMikey
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/05/10 06:16:34 (permalink)
Thanks Marshall,

I was only able to pick up my new Giro 26 last weekend (May 7th) - Peter was exhibiting at the SPEZI bike fair and didn't have time to get my ride set up before then.

I did manage to go for a 2.5 hour ride on Sunday though, and enjoyed it. Riding an MTB for so long, it will take some time for my leg muscles to adjust. I also had a funny feeling in my toes, or the upper part of my foot, going numb toward the end of my ride. There are a lot of things that I have to pay attention to before I feel really comfortable on it but I did like the way it flies around curves and on the open road.

May 15th (Sunday) is the bi-annual "Auto-free Bergstrasse" festival here near Darmstadt:

http://veranstaltung-hessen.de/Veranstaltung.asp?IVE=1466731

They close off a 30-km stretch of the B3 highway called the "Bergstrasse" to all auto traffic, and it becomes a free-for-all for bikers & roller-bladers of all sorts. Suppose to be good weather, so the whole family it going out for a ride. I plan on riding the entire 60-km - asphalt all the way.

Mike
------
Darmstadt, Germany
Giro 26 ATT
rxda90
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/06/01 11:35:12 (permalink)
Hi everybody!

My name is Mark Thomas, and I'm in Chagrin Falls, OH. Just yesterday, I brought home a shiny new Giro 26 from R-D Bike Shop in Barberton, OH.

I got back into cycling about 5 years ago on a Jamis Coda, and was experiencing all the nagging conditions that everyone else experiences ... numb hands, achy back, and a pretty severe tailbone bruise thanks to a new saddle, which took the better part of a season to heal completely. I had gotten up to 50 mile recreational rides, and those aches and pains were getting no better, and I figured if I was going to have any hope of touring, I'd need to ditch the conventional bike and try something new.

I was having a devil of a time deciding between the Giro 26 and the Strada. I eliminated the Strada simply because there were few options for wider tires, which I'd like to have for riding on some of the bad roads up here, as well as unpaved rail trails. I figured there was no appreciable penalty for rolling resistance (not at my speeds, anyway), and the increased flexibility for rubber (and brake options, for that matter) made the bike better suited for my needs.

Gonna spend a few days getting the hang of things ... especially work on climbing in a straight line!
wftravers1
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/06/13 21:05:58 (permalink)
Walt Travers, Kailua Hi, recently retired, riding Giro 20 since 2005 and now considering a Corsa 24. I only do recreational riding of about 12 miles 3 x a week so far, but hope to gradually increase as this tired old body gets into a little better shape. Re Corsa, I have not tested one, but have seen the Euromesh seat and it didn't look so great to me (in face looked rather 'cheaper' than the recurve on my Giro 20), Can anyone comment on differences of 2 seats and their experiences?

Trekker1701
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/07/02 00:31:54 (permalink)
Hi All,

Another new guy here. My name is Jay B. and I live in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. I am a "Born Again" cyclist, having picked up cycling again in the summer of 2007. I rode a lot in my youth and into my early 20's, until career, family, moving across the country, and in general life getting in the way. The last 3 seasons I have averaged over 2,000 miles.

Last season I started experiencing pain in my left elbow which was diagnosed as bursitis, better known as tennis elbow. I attributed the condition to my riding position on my diamond frame bike. Last year a shot of cortisone solved the problem, but not this year.

As the pain in my elbow continued to grow more severe as this years cycling season rolled along, I decided I had to do something. Either give up cycling for a while (who knew how long) to give my elbow time to heal, or try something totally different. A couple of weeks ago I decided to go the something totally different route, and bought a used 2004 Bacchetta Strada.

So far I have just a little over 200 miles on the Strada, and I feel that my "recumbent legs" are just starting to come in. I am not as comfortable on the Strada yet (bike handling wise) as I was on my DF bike, but my elbow does seem to be starting to heal, and at least I am not injuring it further with each and every ride. I plan on riding my new steed in the MS TRAM (MS Society The Ride Across Minnesota) the last week of July, so am trying to get in as many miles as I can between now and then. So far so good.

If I like the Strada at the end of the season as much as I hope I will, I plan on making the 700c wheel upgrade in the off season. I would like to make the Strada a little lighter, as its current 32 lb weight is a little on the portly side for my taste. I hear that with a new set of wheels, and a carbon fiber seat and fork, that 26-28 lbs is within reach. With my large size frame, I'm sure I'll be on the upper end of that range, but loosing 4 lbs seems like an attainable goal.  

Regards,

Jay

Jay B.

"It is a good day to ride."

2004 Bacchetta Strada
2006 Trek 2100
1984 Fuji Single Speed
Albuquerque Richard
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/07/07 18:28:08 (permalink)
I've taken the plunge. My new Corsa 700c is on its way to Albuquerque and I hope to ride it next week. With any luck, the Bosque, the woodland park along the Rio Grande with a nice paved trail, will be open by the time my new 'bent arrives. All we need is a little rain . . . We get justifiably paranoid about fires around these parts.

I have been an avid rider all of my life but haven't been as interested the last few years for most of the reasons folks switch to the recumbent. At 55 I have finally decided that no pain equals no pain. That's a good thing.

I have several neglected but nice df bikes that will soon have a new garage mate.
Jack64
  • Total Posts : 67
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/07/07 21:25:36 (permalink)
Welcome Richard to the forum and the 'B' hive. 

Ride safe and enjoy your Corsa,

Jack
landspeeder
  • Total Posts : 39
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/08/22 23:49:30 (permalink)
Got a used Ti-Aero a month ago for commuting to work in Tucson, AZ. Big fan of the Bacchetta engineering team and their vision of cycling. Thanks for a great product!

Landspeeder
Ti Aero S/N RB137
dlfred
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/08/23 08:44:50 (permalink)
My name is Dan Frederick, retired banker, living in Gonzales Louisiana.  I ride a Strada between 80 - 100 miles weekly.  I'm new at riding a recumbent, but have ridden road bikes for 30 years.
Scorpio
  • Total Posts : 1469
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/08/23 10:18:02 (permalink)
Welcome Dan,

The "hive" here is a great place for Bacchetta riders (actually any recumbent rider) to come and share their experiences, ask questions, and plan adventures.

80-100 miles per week, and you are retired?  That's great.  Don't be surprised if that becomes your daily numbers instead

Javid (pronounced "David") Bradley
Carbon Aero 2.0
Ti Aero
RUSA #7172

Team RAAM Sarcoma Powered by Bacchetta Bike

www.TeamRavenLunatics.com

"My Drinking Team Has A Racing Problem"
GregNYC
  • Total Posts : 8
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/09/11 00:42:08 (permalink)
Greg Goode here from Queens, New York.  Today I bought a Giro 20 ATT at Jersey Bents.  They're customizing it with some lighter tires and the 150mm cranks that I like, and I'll have to pick it up next Saturday :-(  I ride in a lot of traffic here in NYC, so the Giro seems like a great choice.  Quick, light, and maneuverable.  My other recumbent is a Tour Easy, and I have the titanium version on order. 

I'm a newbie to recumbent bicycles -- I started riding them this summer, and I like them for all the right reasons!   I came to recumbents after riding track bikes on the street for 25 years (a long time before fixies became cool). 

It seems like there's an active Bacchetta community -- that's cool!!

--Greg Goode
post edited by GregNYC - 2011/09/11 00:44:04
gasman06
  • Total Posts : 214
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/09/11 15:09:41 (permalink)
Welcome Greg, I do not envy your traffic.

"The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it."
-- Doug Bradbury

Bob
CA 2.0
Trek 1500
GregNYC
  • Total Posts : 8
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/09/11 22:08:52 (permalink)
Thanks Bob!  Then I guess I envy you your quiet streets??  

--Greg
tractortom
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/10/16 19:11:31 (permalink)
Tractor Tom here in Okeechobee, FL.  I just swapped my 2008 Catrike Trail with a Utah Trikes 26" rear even for a 2008 Corsa 650 with all the 'necessary' options.  It has the euromesh seat, and I may change to the recurve seat if I can't get comfortable on it.  I have been riding recumbents since about 1985...my first was a DeFeliece BiTubular Long Wheelbase recumbent with under seat steering (it must have weighed 55 or 60 lbs!)  Later it was a short wheelbase Actionbent, and then the Catrike that I put 5K miles on since the spring of 2008.  I still need to learn how to ride the Corsa, but don't expect to have too much trouble.  I'm 57 years old, work as and Ag Welder/Mechanic on a large ranch here in south Florida and have only managed to ride about 1200 miles so far this year.  I'm glad to be among the B's now, and look forward to getting the bugs out the the bike and getting in some time on the road.  I ride with the club in Sebring from time to time, and was getting really tired of being the first one out on the ride (with the Catrike) and the last one back.  Now I expect to be a bit more competitive!
tractortom
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/10/16 19:22:08 (permalink)
Tractor Tom here in Okeechobee, FL.  I just swapped my 2008 Catrike Trail with 5000 miles on it, even swap, for a 2008 Corsa 650 and some accessories and a spare wheel set.  The fellow who had it had suffered a loss of balance and needed a trike, and I needed to go faster.  It seemed like a match made in heaven!  I listed my trike for sale yesterday on Bentrider, he listed his Corsa about the same time, we passed some mail back and forth and made the swap at my home this afternoon.

I'm a 57 year old Ag Welder/Mechanic on a 350,000 acre cattle ranch here in South Florida and got my first recumbent in about 1988 from a bike dealer in Olney, Maryland.  It was a long wheelbase welded up of mild steel and must have weighed around 55 lbs!  The Corsa is easily 10-12 lbs lighter than my Catrike, a LOT less rolling resistance and should be a good deal faster with the same expended effort.

I look forward to learning more about the bike, getting it tweaked and adjusted and getting on the road and putting in some miles!  I belong to the bike club in Sebring and when I would go on rides with them on my trike, I would be first on the road, and last to get back, with everyone passing me along the way.  That ends NOW!

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee
tractortom
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/10/16 19:23:19 (permalink)
Tractor Tom here in Okeechobee, FL.  I just swapped my 2008 Catrike Trail with 5000 miles on it, even swap, for a 2008 Corsa 650 and some accessories and a spare wheel set.  The fellow who had it had suffered a loss of balance and needed a trike, and I needed to go faster.  It seemed like a match made in heaven!  I listed my trike for sale yesterday on Bentrider, he listed his Corsa about the same time, we passed some mail back and forth and made the swap at my home this afternoon.

I'm a 57 year old Ag Welder/Mechanic on a 350,000 acre cattle ranch here in South Florida and got my first recumbent in about 1988 from a bike dealer in Olney, Maryland.  It was a long wheelbase welded up of mild steel and must have weighed around 55 lbs!  The Corsa is easily 10-12 lbs lighter than my Catrike, a LOT less rolling resistance and should be a good deal faster with the same expended effort.

I look forward to learning more about the bike, getting it tweaked and adjusted and getting on the road and putting in some miles!  I belong to the bike club in Sebring and when I would go on rides with them on my trike, I would be first on the road, and last to get back, with everyone passing me along the way.  That ends NOW!

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee
Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 27 of 33
Jump to:
© 2022 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1