Hot!ROLL CALL!

Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 26 of 33
Author
k7
  • Total Posts : 420
  • Reward points: 0
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/02/06 17:59:49 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: gasman06

I was at Big Willy from 81-83 doing my anesthesia training.
Bob

Very cool. I left there in July 1980 and one of my last "details" was to move furniture into the new wing. In exchange, I negotiated two weeks TDY at Chris Johnson's CAMP - a camp for severely handicapped kids out in the Hill Country. I was part of the very first camp.

When I showed up at the moving detail, the NCO took one look at me and asked, "how much time do you have left?" I guess it was pretty obvious that I was a short-timer! New sergeant stripes, slightly , longer hair, etc. He put me in charge of the elevators - can't leave them on auto when moving - they stop on every floor every time.

Good job for a short-time - but it did have more ups and downs than most jobs.

I loved my time in the service - I was a very good lab tech. I also worked part time out at what used to be called San Antonio Community Hospital - now Methodist Specialty Transplant Hospital. Good times all the way around.
post edited by k7 - 2011/02/14 14:33:25
rule419
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/02/28 20:03:56 (permalink)
Russ Griesemer, Miami Springs Florida. Saw my first recumbent in the mid '80s, a Ryan Vanguard I believe. It was immediately, intuitively obvious that this was the proper way to ride a bicycle. Didn't have a chance to do anything about it until the mid '90s when I started doing research on the internet on recumbents. Had just about settled on a Vision but life interfered again. Quit smoking about 5 years ago and celebrated by buying a Giro 20, then fell due to inexperience and broke 2 ribs. Got back on 3 months later and haven't looked back. Got terrible recumbutt from the recurve seat, so a friend built up a Giro 26 frame kit w/ a Euromesh seat for me and that was that. Work doesn't let me ride near as often as I would like, but I do what I can.

Giro 26 Frame Kit Build
MarshallPrice
  • Total Posts : 514
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/02 12:00:45 (permalink)
Rule419,

Welcome to the B-Hive! We all wish work wouldn't interfere so much with our riding time. But then again, it makes a nice counter point. See you sometime at a ride and I look forward to reading your ride reports.

Gasman,

Good to see you on Saturday. Hopefully will see you this saturday as well.

Marshall Price
CA2.0 700C-It is Sweet!
Corsa

Life is an Adventure, you just have to look for it!
Skin
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/06 12:34:56 (permalink)
Just put together a used TiAero I purchased. Definitely different from my Lightning P-38 I've ridden since 2002. I also have a Rans Rocket I bought for my wife (she won't ride it, though) about 5 years ago. At that time I rode the bike shop owner's TiAero, and wanted one since. Now, my knees seem to hit the handlebars of my new prize. It's been raining since I put it together, so maybe I just need a bit of riding time.

---Skin
P-38 Lightning
Rans Rocket
Bacchetta TiAero
AeroDon
  • Total Posts : 1460
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/06 14:35:27 (permalink)
Welcome to the Bee Hive.
Most likely, you just have to get it dialed in.  Could be you need a spacer or two in the stem.  Worst case, you have to get a tall riser and cut it down....not likely.

I'm sure you'll enjpu the performance when you get it all adjusted.  I rode my Ti for 5 years and loved it.  Then I got the CA2 and the Ti is my trainer bike.  If you have any problems, don't hesitate to call Bacchetta on their toll-free line.  They are extremely supportive.

Enjoy the ride,
Don
post edited by AeroDon - 2011/03/06 14:38:09

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
ADEM headrests Support so you can Really Recline
http://ademhr.com
Skin
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/06 15:55:11 (permalink)
Thanks, the rain stopped and I tried to ride in the neighborhood. No way. knees keep getting in the way. Could I have the handlebars too high? Oh boy, I installed the riser bass ackwards. Now it rides fine.
post edited by Skin - 2011/03/06 16:59:56

---Skin
P-38 Lightning
Rans Rocket
Bacchetta TiAero
AeroDon
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/06 19:23:02 (permalink)
Ahh, you thought that B emblim was for you to look at.  Don't feel bad.  When I bought my first Bacchetta, the dealer sent me home with the riser on backward.  Took me a couple of days to find out it was wrong.  I knew nothing about these bikes then.  That WAS one sorry dealer.  The accent is on was, since he is no more in that business.  Am glad you got it straightened out.  Enjoy the ride.

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
Skin
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/06 20:00:18 (permalink)
Well in my defense, remember I ride a P-38, which does have the curve of the riser rearward. Considering my lack of mechanical skills and the reassembly required, I did well only screwing up one thing. ;-> Now I just have to figure out where to put my UGA "G".

---Skin
P-38 Lightning
Rans Rocket
Bacchetta TiAero
AeroDon
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/07 11:14:51 (permalink)
Now I just have to figure out where to put my UGA "G".

OH, Now that 'splainz it!!!

I went to Clemson and my misguided sons went to UGA.  But, with the free education coming from the Hope Scholar ship, I did not try to hard to correct their ways.

But honestly, welcome to the Hive....enjoy the ride.

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
Skin
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/07 17:45:45 (permalink)
I'm surrounded by Clemson folks up here in Greenville. Why is it that the only irate drivers have Clemson or Tennessee decorations on their trucks as they blast their horns at me while I'm riding? Never get that from UGA, Auburn, USC, or Ga Tech fans.

---Skin
P-38 Lightning
Rans Rocket
Bacchetta TiAero
OSU Cycling
  • Total Posts : 82
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/09 06:32:08 (permalink)
My Killer B jersey is ironically more fitting than most, as I'm proudly a US Navy Seabee.  I've been away from recumbents for quite some time, but I briefly owned and raced a Ti Aero in 2005 as part of my university's Human Powered Vehicle Team.  It was a short lived affair, and I parted with the bike after graduating that year.  I purchased another frame last week and will be building the bike from the ground up.  As of next month I'll be living in Japan, so if by chance any of you are also in the Land of the Rising Sun, send me a message and we'll start a Far East hive.

post edited by OSU Cycling - 2011/03/10 10:35:30
BirdieMama
  • Total Posts : 2544
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/12 01:54:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: OSU Cycling

My Killer B jersey is ironically more fitting than most, as I'm proudly a US Navy Seabee.  I've been away from recumbents for quite some time, but I briefly owned and raced a Ti Aero in 2005 as part of my university's Human Powered Vehicle Team.  It was a short lived affair, and I parted with the bike after graduating that year.  I purchased another frame last week and will be building the bike from the ground up.  As of next month I'll be living in Japan, so if by chance any of you are also in the Land of the Rising Sun, send me a message and we'll start a Far East hive.

Yikes! Chris - it will be good to hear from you about your assignment in Japan, given the massive quake(s). I hope all is well with you & yours!

Tweety

"It's a beautiful day for a ride;
you know you wanna come along!
It's a beautiful day outside;
the air will do you good!"

The Jellydots

TEAM BACCHETTA
deltadds
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/19 13:18:03 (permalink)

John Smith, Greenwood, MS.,, 57 years old,

Congrats on a great forum,

,,,, I just recently bought a my first recumbent,,, a Bacchetta Corsa 650. I put a lot of miles on a DF bike over a period of 3 years until my neck and shoulders started to hurt constantly. Probably caused by my work, (I am a dentist) which involve bending over an twisting my neck for long periods of time under a good bit of stress and time pressure.

Our local bike group rides at 5:30 most weekdays and so I would follow 7-8 hours of work with another hour or two of upright biking in a paceline. Not a good idea! My Neck and Shoulders finally said NO MORE!

I am hoping that the recumbent will solve my problems because I love to ride. The bacchetta is a wonderful bike but I am having a some difficulty with starting and stopping. Hopefully this will work itself out as I get some more mileage.

Could anyone suggest to a rookie a good way to attach the lezyne water bladder hose to make it easily accessible on the road but keep it away from the rear wheel? I keep the bladder in a bacchetta one for all bag.

Also looking for a good neck extension for the Euromesh seat.

Thanks in advance, I have already learned a lot from reading old posts.

John

John A. Smith DDS
Greenwood, MS
rollingbuzzy
  • Total Posts : 1525
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/22 09:27:56 (permalink)
Could anyone suggest to a rookie a good way to attach the lezyne water bladder hose to make it easily accessible on the road but keep it away from the rear wheel?

Check out this post, scroll down for good pictures.
http://forum.bacchettabikes.com/forum2/tm.asp?m=54584&mpage=1&key=water%2Cbladder%2Chose픸

I use a Brain Box, and found the hose that comes with a Camel Back was 10" longer than I needed so I cut it off. It can't reach the rear wheel now. Also the top of the Brain Box has a shock cord that makes an "X" shape on top which allow's the hose to be looped around and under. Just pull the hose forward, drink, then push it back.
deltadds
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/22 10:12:24 (permalink)
Thank you so much, that is most helpful.. My bikeshop suggested a velcro loop around the tube and a velcro pad along the side of the seat.

I like the badge holder idea! I have to will experiment.

John
AeroDon
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/22 11:10:55 (permalink)
If you are looking for a headrest, you can check out my web site, below.  Good luck with the new bike.  Also, for starts and stops, try sitting up.  You have much better balance than lying back on the seat.  Once you are rolling, just lie back.

Don

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
deltadds
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/22 12:26:53 (permalink)
AeroDon,

Thanks for the tip on starting, I will try it.

The problem is mostly related to my new bebop pedals. If I snap in as I am starting, I am very shaky. My brain cannot focus on balancing and steering the bike while starting....and at the same time focus on targeting the second shoe to the pedal clip. It is also difficult to start without snapping in the bebop because there is very little area to place the shoe without the pedal engaging. Starting with the toe only touching the pedal and clipping in after I get up some speed seems to work best right now.

I found your website several days ago from a google search. I was about to order the ADEM 2.,,,, It seems to be
just what I need, but I thought I would check the group for other options before ordering.

I have a Bacchetta All in one Bag with a Lezyne 3 liter water bladder stuffed inside it. Will the ADEM 2 interfere with that setup?

John

HeyMikey
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/22 14:48:28 (permalink)
Mike Schultz - Darmstadt, Germany - just turned 50 last October - originally from Curtis, Nebraska (a true Husker!)

I've been lurking around different recumbent sites for years now. I initially got interested after coming across the Bicycle Culture Quarterly (BCQ) magazine, published out of England (no longer in business) which covered recumbents and other 'spealized' bikes. RCN was another source to keep my curiosity growing.

For the past several years, I've been riding a Cannondale MTB, one of their first aluminum frame MTBs (I think I bought it in 1992). Recently I've been riding it less & less because of a sore back and sore as*. For my 50th birthday, my wife & 2 sons gave me a homemade "gift certificate" (and the necessary funding) for the recumbent of my choice.

Last Saturday I placed an order for a brand new Giro 26 ATT from Peter Weiß, a Bacchetta dealer out of Ansbach (http://www.bacchetta-bikes.de). I went with the ATT because of its larger tires & the numerous forest trails that I plan on riding on here. (Peter, by the way, did a 2000 kilometer ride through the Czech Republic last summer on a CA 2.0 - I'll try to get him to post about that here in English).

I should be able to pick up the ATT in 2-3 weeks, and I really look forward to riding again & enjoying it!
post edited by HeyMikey - 2011/03/22 14:51:05

Mike
------
Darmstadt, Germany
Giro 26 ATT
AeroDon
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/03/22 16:00:08 (permalink)
Hi John,
I have never used the OFA, but a number of folks have said it works fine with the ADEM headrest.
post edited by AeroDon - 2011/03/22 16:02:04

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
vanish
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: ROLL CALL! 2011/04/22 02:40:21 (permalink)
The process of calling out a list of names to establish who is present.A list or group of people or things that are notable in some specified way. Roll call is the calling of the names of people from a list (roll) to determine the presence or absence of the listed people (also known as a register in countries such as the United Kingdom). The term applies to the calling itself, to the time moment of this procedure, and to a military signal that announces it.
Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 26 of 33
Jump to:
© 2022 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1