Hot!Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest?

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
  • Total Posts : 215
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/04 09:12:14 (permalink)
Say, these would work on an M5 seat, wouldn't they? Talk about bringing it full circle. I'm interested, and I was comparing the pics of Larry Graham's and Don's, they seem to be about the same where the actual head rest ends up. Just a matter of drilling a couple holes next to the long slot, seems like?
AeroDon
  • Total Posts : 1460
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/04 13:04:47 (permalink)
Since the EM version is mounted behind the seat's tubular frame, the offset should be less for the M5. Tweety asked about one for an M5 and I told her I would work out the correct bends in the next 2 weeks. I'll just have to check the fitup on an M5 seat. I expect my buddy, g27md will help me with that. Then, if there is enough interest, I can have the machine shop make some of these also. The M5 version won't need the slot and will be shorter. The pad will still be velcro'ed on so it can be adjusted and removed when putting the Brain Box on.

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
ADEM headrests Support so you can Really Recline
http://ademhr.com
george
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/04 14:47:11 (permalink)
Don I put the check in the mail today. Thanks for getting the headrest in the mail so quickly. Am anxious to mount it!!!! George
  • Total Posts : 215
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/04 16:12:30 (permalink)
Sounds good, Don, thanks a lot for all your work on these. Definitely keep us posted.

Phil
g27md
  • Total Posts : 960
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/04 19:43:03 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: AeroDon

Since the EM version is mounted behind the seat's tubular frame, the offset should be less for the M5. Tweety asked about one for an M5 and I told her I would work out the correct bends in the next 2 weeks. I'll just have to check the fitup on an M5 seat. I expect my buddy, g27md will help me with that. Then, if there is enough interest, I can have the machine shop make some of these also. The M5 version won't need the slot and will be shorter. The pad will still be velcro'ed on so it can be adjusted and removed when putting the Brain Box on.

I will indeed, since I seem to now have the only carbon seat in town.

Interesting (to me) is the fact that I've not seemed to need a head rest on my Bacchetta. I would have loved to have one on my Barcroft Dakota. As much as I liked the RANS seat it did leave me with a sore, creaky neck, which the carbon seat on my Aero doesn't do. I think the difference is in the shape of the seat in the shoulder area, but all I care about is the result - no pain. I think I do have a fair degree on recline on the Aero, too.

Haven't thought about how the bags go on. Guess I'll have to ask Don.

Jim
BirdieMama
  • Total Posts : 2544
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/04 23:56:07 (permalink)

Wonderful, Don - thanks! I am "in"!

Tweety

"It's a beautiful day for a ride;
you know you wanna come along!
It's a beautiful day outside;
the air will do you good!"

The Jellydots

TEAM BACCHETTA
jkeenan7
  • Total Posts : 1883
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/05 03:38:45 (permalink)
Yo Don,

Been following this thread with admiration and anticipation of when I get "back to the states". That is one clever and nice item. I'll be home for a few weeks in January , so I'll EM or PM you in a few weeks for "da order".

Fun stuff!!! Besides.. I have to try and keep up with Tweety for accountrements!!

'16 Carbon Basso GS
'06 Bike Friday NWT
'99 VRexAchetta (Stolen and Born Again)
'08 Bike Friday Tandem
'13  Mukluk3 
SOLD:'05 Aero Basso '06 Ti Aero '05 Corsa '11 29er MTB  Bike Friday SAT R DAY  '07 Giro 20 '03 Strada

AeroDon
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/05 04:24:22 (permalink)
It's probably easier to wait, but the ADEM-R has already gone international. Zebee received hers in Australia yesterday. Delivery's rather slow, but no problem. Give me a shout and let me know what you need. Hopefully, after we get together in Atlanta this weekend, I will have a pretty good idea of the dimensions for the ADEM-C for the carbon seat.

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
BirdieMama
  • Total Posts : 2544
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/05 09:26:03 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jkeenan7

Yo Don,

Been following this thread with admiration and anticipation of when I get "back to the states". That is one clever and nice item. I'll be home for a few weeks in January , so I'll EM or PM you in a few weeks for "da order".

Fun stuff!!! Besides.. I have to try and keep up with Tweety for accountrements!!

Wow Joe... for a moment I thought you meant condiments... and I was passing the Grey Poupon your way... hehehe!!!

Don - your work on this is highly appreciated!!!! Thank you!

Tweety

"It's a beautiful day for a ride;
you know you wanna come along!
It's a beautiful day outside;
the air will do you good!"

The Jellydots

TEAM BACCHETTA
george
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/09 16:28:37 (permalink)
Don My headrest arrived in the mail just the other day - I was really impressed with your product -- especially the light weight! Thanks for taking the time to design, fabricate and make available such a neat product. Also, thank you for getting it to me in such a timely manner. Great Job!!!! George
zebee
  • Total Posts : 254
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/09 16:57:36 (permalink)

It's probably easier to wait, but the ADEM-R has already gone international. Zebee received hers in Australia yesterday.

And finally got around to fitting it.

Went on like a dream, and modifying the seatback bag to suit was a minute's work.

Haven't had a chance to ride the damn thing yet (I spent all last night at work, hand holding a major cutover from one data centre to another) but it felt nice with the bike on the trainer.

So Monday's the first trial!

Zebee
AeroDon
ADEM-C is Coming 2006/12/12 06:51:15 (permalink)
I have a prototype design for the ADEM-C for carbon seats. I will make one up and then try it on G27md's seat. After tweeking the design, I will have the machine shop fab up the brackets. I would like to have an idea of the interest level so I know how many to have made. I will post pictures when I have a completed prototype, but if you think you might be interested, would you please send me an e-mail indicating such. (Tweety, I already know about you.) I will order a few extra, but it would be good to know if the number is 10 or 2.

Thanks,

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
AeroDon
RE: ADEM-C is Coming 2006/12/12 07:19:35 (permalink)
Jim,
Your inbox is full and I can't reach you!!! Please give me a call....441-8577. I have these fine folks asking for a headrest and I need to try it on your seat (at your convenience).

thanks, Don
TsPoet
  • Total Posts : 460
RE: ADEM-C is Coming 2006/12/12 10:01:18 (permalink)

I have a prototype design for the ADEM-C for carbon seats. I will make one up and then try it on G27md's seat. After tweeking the design, I will have the machine shop fab up the brackets. I would like to have an idea of the interest level so I know how many to have made. I will post pictures when I have a completed prototype, but if you think you might be interested, would you please send me an e-mail indicating such. (Tweety, I already know about you.) I will order a few extra, but it would be good to know if the number is 10 or 2.

Thanks,

Count me in - one ADEM-C
(sounds like i just joined the cast of a bad 60s cop show - 10-4 and out)

TS
Giro 24
05 Corsa
(Greenspeed X3)
stephen
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 16
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/14 11:32:23 (permalink)
Don

Any suggestions on preparing a BrainBox to fit over the ADEM?

Thanks, Steve (another very pleased customer)
AeroDon
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/14 21:12:25 (permalink)
The Brain Box is NO PROBLEM!

You simply rip out approximately 2 inches of the center of the seam that holds the pocket (where the seat fits) to the bag. That will leave a slot for the headrest bracket to fit through. You then need to hand stitch a tack at each end of the hole so the seam doesn't unravel any farther. Then, just pull the velcro apart and remove the pad and slip The Brain Box over the bracket and re-attach the pad.

I will post some pictures of the Brain Box mod when I get a chance, but it is pretty simple.

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
AeroDon
RE: Any Interest in a Euromesh Headrest? 2006/12/14 21:56:59 (permalink)
I managed to track down Jim's bike just long enough to try my prototype ADEM-C for the carbon seat and it works just great. I have included three sets of mounting holes to allow up/down adjustment without drilling more holes in the seat. Anyone who would like one cans send me an e-mail with your address and I can send you one. The price is the same as the others....$35 + $5 shipping.

Attached Image(s)

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
AeroDon
ONE MORE benefit of the ADEM Headrest 2007/01/14 13:57:33 (permalink)
I noticed that the mesh on my EM seat had moved a little bit (see Euromesh Mess) and I considered re-strapping it. Then I realized it wasn't going anywhere. It was strapped down by my headrest.....mark up ONE MORE benefit of the ADEM headrest. I am getting the shop to fab another batch of brackets and will have some ADEM's at Sebring if anyone is interested.

By the way, I reached a marketing agreement with Larry Grahm. I won't try to make headrests for the carbon hard shell seats and he won't try to make EM headrests. That's only good business.... You shouldn't produce it if you aint willing to use it ....So, see Larry for your hardshell needs.

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
AeroDon
RE: ONE MORE benefit of the ADEM Headrest 2007/02/26 00:11:10 (permalink)
I thought I would have the ADEM headrests available at the Suncoast Rally, but I won't be able to make it. I still have some left after Sebring, so if you want one, just give me a shout. (PM)

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
AeroDon
ADEM EuroMesh Headrest 2007/03/30 10:21:11 (permalink)
Now that Spring has sprung, new bikes are being purchased and new folks are converting to Bacchetta recumbents. For anyone wanting a little head support with either a EuroMesh or a Recurve seat, I have the ADEM headrest. To my knowledge, it is the only headrest made specifically to fit the B seats. You can see them here: http://bacchettabikes.com/forum2/albumphoto.asp?albumid=34&asortType=1&apage=1 . The price is $35 plus $5 shipping and that includes everything needed except, maybe a soldering iron to melt a couple of small holes in the mesh. if you are interested, you can PM me.

If you have a hard shell seat, you can contact team mate, Larry Grahm (24hrracers) for his hard shell version.

AeroDon
CA 2.0 700c Ti Aero
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1