Hot!Mounting a Garmin Edge 130 for Charging

Author
brad.maynes
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2020/04/10 07:13:22 (permalink)

Mounting a Garmin Edge 130 for Charging

As I know that Bacchettas are popular for long-distance/time riding, I thought I'd post this on the forum. I have a Garmin Edge 130, and occasionally have trouble with the battery life lasting as long as my ride does (particularly with the newly-developed lousy life in cold weather bug :( ). I have a sufficient external battery to use with it - the problem that I have run into is finding a place to mount the computer so that a) I can charge it (i.e. a position where the charger slot is accessible by a cord), and b) it is viewable/usable while charging - not in my pocket or so far away that I can't readily see it. Generally, I have it mounted on my Corsa with the factory mount just above the shifter/grip for my right hand, which is perfect for normal use, but lousy for charging as the charging slot is blocked by the handlebar.

I have looked into using alternate (right-angle) cables, and considered purchasing a standard aero mount and just mounting it straight up on the front of the handlebar, but I thought before spending any money I'd see if anyone else had a similar problem and had already defeated it.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

1 Reply Related Threads

DonM
    • Total Posts : 5
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Mounting a Garmin Edge 130 for Charging 2020/04/12 17:12:58 (permalink)
    I use the stock Garmin 130 mount right on the bars and have no problem plugging in the usb cable while in place. Can't post photos on this site for some reason, but have some I can email if you want to see it. The stock mount wraps around the handle bars with the little black rubber bands and there is lots of room over the top to plug in the cable.
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1