Hot!E-Conversion of my Bacchetta Corsa, Aluminum 650C

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
giaruso
  • Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points: 0
Re: E-Conversion of my Bacchetta Corsa, Aluminum 650C 2018/05/06 09:12:24 (permalink)
Excellent response, HoahVale!  Thank you.  I'm heading out to the garage now to tear into the Corsa.  I will probably start the order this afternoon.

Last questions:

1.  Why did you NOT use the stock torque arm (dimpled plate) that came with the kit?

2.  is it possible to fabricate my own torque arm if the motor were positioned below the BB, i.e., would those two attaching holes be accessible when rotated?

3.  What is the thickness of your custom SS torque arm?

Looking forward to hearing about your "longer ride this morning."

Another big thank you,

Denny G.

Denny G.

Bacchetta CA 2.0 700c wheels
Bacchetta Corsa, 650c wheels
noahvale
  • Total Posts : 409
Re: E-Conversion of my Bacchetta Corsa, Aluminum 650C 2018/05/06 10:43:52 (permalink)
giaruso
1.  Why did you NOT use the stock torque arm (dimpled plate) that came with the kit?
It seemed like a good idea for keeping the motor secure. 
2.  is it possible to fabricate my own torque arm if the motor were positioned below the BB, i.e., would those two attaching holes be accessible when rotated?
Probably not, the holes would be at the top. You need to make sure you can rotate the motor, it all depends on the frame.
3.  What is the thickness of your custom SS torque arm?
 Very thin, maybe 1/6".
Looking forward to hearing about your "longer ride this morning."
 Just got back from a 40 mile ride. On level 2 assist pedaling a cadence of 90 at an average of 23 mph the battery lasted 35 miles. Ran at level 5 for a bit, but would spin out at 25+ mph. It was like riding with a flat tire when the battery ran out. I am looking forward to putting bigger tires on it.

giaruso
Re: E-Conversion of my Bacchetta Corsa, Aluminum 650C 2018/05/06 17:23:26 (permalink)
Thanks again.  All ordered, and email that items were shipped already.  I got the 44T sprocket, 48V battery, shift/gear sensors, hydraulic brake sensors, and color computer (I missed the free upgrade).  I will see about making a custom bracket to reposition the motor under the frame.  That 48V battery is much lower profile than the 52 and I'm sure it will install the same as yours--plenty of room.

Keep in touch,

Denny G.

Denny G.

giaruso
Re: E-Conversion of my Bacchetta Corsa, Aluminum 650C 2018/05/26 13:37:39 (permalink)
Done!  
The e-assist kit is installed:  BAFANG 750W motor with 48V battery.  The chain ring is 44T.  The installation includes the "hydraulic" brake sensors, the shift/gear sensor, electric and speedometer extension cables, and color display.  The battery support bracket I designed and built (Bacchetta has a rear bike rack for $60).  The installation took me several days on and off since just about everything had to be replaced except the wheels and the frame.  The Corsa was in storage for seven years in favor of my CA 2.0.  The photo here should provide a good view of the installation.  Without weighing, my guess is the bike is now between 50 - 55 pounds.

The functionality of the BAFANG system is incredible:  Smooth, intelligent, and powerful!  I use e-assist mainly to push me up hills.  Pedaling with power off feels the same as it did pre-conversion.  The crank free-wheels when it is coasting.  I've only accumulated 80 miles of riding on the Corsa since e-conversion, using only 32% of the first battery charge.  I love it!

Attached Image(s)

Denny G.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1