Hot!New Giro build

Author
gmrviper
  • Total Posts : 140
  • Reward points: 0
2018/02/08 14:44:45 (permalink)

New Giro build

Thought i would share a pic and some info on my new Giro. I got a corsa ss a few months, it was a very nice bike but the lack of 650c sized tires bugged me. My ultimate goal was to have a bike I could ride on gravel and still be fairly quick on the street if i put some fast tires on it. So i decided on a new giro 20 frameset and the carbon fork they are putting on the basso. 700 -451 vuelta lite wheelset. Right now it has a 700x35 gravel king on the back and a kenda small block 451-1 3/8 on the front. I think this setup will work good on packed gravel but rough dusty roads i might need something different on the front. Who knows its too cold out to really experiment right now. Drivetrain is all the xo sram stuff off the old corsa, carbon cranks and carbon seat. It weighs right at 24.9 w pedals. A lighter set of tires might bring that down a bit.  I had a really good time building it and i finally got to ride it this morning. Its amazing how low the pedals feel compared to the corsa. Its not a bad thing, I felt immediately comfortable on it. Now we just need some warm weather!

Attached Image(s)

2 Replies Related Threads

thecanoe
    • Total Posts : 1473
    Re: New Giro build 2018/02/09 12:15:15 (permalink)
    Nice build. I’ll be curious how it handles gravel and a little off road stuff like fireroads.

Larry

Ti Aero
    Surly Moonlander fat bike
    Santa Cruz Tallboy carbon 29er
    Bassyak (for stripers and blues)
    gmrviper
    • Total Posts : 140
    Re: New Giro build 2018/02/16 11:55:40 (permalink)
    Well so far so good. I really enjoy it on the pavement, its a very easy bike to ride and feel comfortable on. Hit some crushed limestone and quickly figured out I need to find a smooth tire or put a rear bag back on (a fender would help too but im just not a fender guy). I was pelted pretty good with gravel that was getting caught in the tread. Sunday is supposed to be warm again and I think ill try to test it out on some rougher gravel if i can.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1