Hot!New Giro 26 rider

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
wesm
  • Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points: 0
Re: New Giro 26 rider 2017/05/27 12:50:51 (permalink)
Well, first ride outside on the trainer with the bent went very well.  It was lovely riding outside with the wind and fresh air rather than being cooped up in the basement.  Shoulder surgery went well but I am waiting to hear from the doctor before heading out on the open road.  Renewed my TrainerRoad account, set up an older phone with the app, clamped it onto the bars, and, after a bit of sensor adjustment and wheel size entry, rode an easy hour training session on the comfort of my deck.  I put some foam under the trainer to avoid disturbing the neighbours with vibration but it seemed to be pretty quiet after all.

You may find this hard to believe (hahaha), but this is the first time I have ridden on the trainer and not wanted to get off before I was done.  Other than some glute pain from not riding much, EVERYTHING was comfortable.  No tingling hands, no sore neck, no butt pain, nothing but applied effort.  I can see doing multi hour rides even on the trainer during the winter to prep for longer summer rides on the road.  Pretty awesome and I am still baffled that more don't ride recumbents for this very reason but that's another thread ...

Other than that, I am now able to tweak my setup.  Is there anyone on here that can help me achieve the best setup with what I have?  I would like to be able to either send a video or Skype / Hangouts someone to give me any suggestions.  I think I am pretty close now but some critical eyes would be helpful

My new tires, folding Durano 1.1", arrived the other day but I will wait to put them on when I get on the road.

My order for a new riser is soon on its way as well.  Pure pleasure dealing with the fine folks at Bacchetta both online and on the phone.  No fuss, no muss, just customer service.  Have a few new parts and pieces on their way that I can install over the next while to get the Grande Banana back to her old glory.

So, for now, I will log the trainer kms outside to enjoy some of the weather.  If it gets much nicer, I may need to get a clamp on umbrella for the bars ... 

Attached Image(s)

Bogiesan
  • Total Posts : 68
Re: New Giro 26 rider 2017/06/15 10:58:48 (permalink)
And how are things? 
I've had some medical and family issues myself, took six weeks out of my riding season, but I'm back on the road.
Hope you are enjoying your bike and your time in the saddle. 
wesm
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: New Giro 26 rider 2017/06/15 16:56:08 (permalink)
Things are pretty good, thanks for asking.  Work has been busy, the shoulder is healing well, and summer is almost upon us.  I have a fair bit of time off this summer so will trace a number of interesting routes one of my colleagues rides regularly in the area that I have not done.  I received my parts for repairs to the stem/riser but haven't had the right amount of time to bolt them on properly.  Just got clearance to ride the road again to find rain and wind stopping that.  I hope to do a metric century this summer riding in the Banff area (just down the road from here) and some bikepacking (on the fat bike) with my son.  Other than that, the kilometers should start accumulating shortly.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1