Hot!Recumbent reflections

Author
Bogiesan
  • Total Posts : 71
  • Reward points: 0
2016/11/27 18:53:39 (permalink)

Recumbent reflections

I ride a BAcchetta Giro 26. This was not always the case.

I got my white Easy Racers Tour Easy in 2001. I bought a used naked aluminum Gold Rush a few years ago. I put about 60,000 wonderful miles on those bikes. I rode them all over Idaho and Oregon. They were great bikes.

I have watched for years as Easy Racers' public relations have been ignored by the company and their customer service has diminished. I continued to defend them because the bikes are that good; to heck with the schmucks that run the place--they make great bikes.

Today, I became ER's worst nightmare: not just a former customer but a disaffected and pi$$ed off former customer.

Today, I made a young man from Albany, Oregon, very happy. I sold him both of my ER bikes. I wish them no ill but I have terminated my association with EAsy Racers for all time and that makes me happy.

The fellow who bought my bikes got a terrific bargain--they are wonderful bikes and I took very good care of them--and I hope he will enjoy many tens of thousands of miles on them. Just as I did.

4 Replies Related Threads

jblye
    • Total Posts : 106
    Re: Recumbent reflections 2016/11/28 09:04:06 (permalink)
    I feel your pain, Bogiesan.
    After my Gold Rush's head tube broke completely in two several months ago, Denton insisted that I send the broken
    frame to him to assess the problem and determine what could be done.  He did that without telling me that Easy Racers no longer makes bikes and has no personnel on hand to repair the damage.  I found that out after the fact.
    As you know, the Gold Rush frame has a lifetime warranty.  Now he has my frame and I have not been able to
    get him to respond to e-mails or phone calls (Denton's answering machine is full and won't let me leave a message).
    I still have an Easy Racers Titanium Javelin.....not sure what I'm going to do with it.  I also have a complete set
    of Gold Rush parts (everything needed to build a Gold Rush except the frame).
    Gardner Martin would be appalled.
    Johnny

Recumbents owned since 1997:
    Vision R-42 SWB
    Vision R-82 Tandem
    Wizwheelz Trike (Current)
    ER Gold Rush LWB (Current )
    Bacchetta Carbon Aero 1.0
    Bacchetta Carbon Aero 2.0
    ER Titanium Javelin LWB (Current)
    Bacchetta Bella LWB (Current)

thosemeggisons
    • Total Posts : 299
    Re: Recumbent reflections 2016/11/29 05:47:09 (permalink)
    Reading these horror stories give us in the Bacchetta family thanks.  Thanks for having such a devoted professional team at all levels at Bacchetta. I'm fairly new to this bent concept, ( 5 years)  but I have never had one issue when dealing with the factory or fellow Bacchetta riders on this forum.

capecodsmoker
    Bogiesan
    ➥ Approval Pending
    Re: Recumbent reflections 2017/02/13 18:54:18 (permalink)
    Bogiesan
    ➥ Approval Pending
    Re: Recumbent reflections 2017/02/13 18:54:23 (permalink)
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1